This blog is sort of a turn from the norm, instead of being about my work, it’s about the worker – ME!!
You’ve invited me into your life, into your most intimate ceremonies – you should know a
little bit about me. Thus, five deep and meaningful facts about your photog, Kelly Lorenz:
1. Just as many of your most special days are rooted in faith, I have a deep faith in God,
which guides how I live my everyday life. My heart and work ethic start and grow from faith
and I use it to guide me through creating something beautiful for you.
2. I am an only child raised by my father, who is still my best friend. Now you know why I
understand how to make YOU feel like the center of attention. I’m well trained!
3. If I have a pulse on anything, I have it on a real, raw, lived life. I gave birth to two micro
preemies - Our daughter was born at 24 weeks, and our son at 29 weeks. Our daughter was
not expected to live. She fought her way through 135 days of NICU life, is now 10 years old,
and the strongest person I know. I learn from them daily. They remind me to be resilient, and
present and STRONG. They make me a better person. They make me love bigger and work
harder. If you love the work you receive from me, you have them to thank.
4. I have worked really hard to create a certain kind of life for myself and my family. Like
many of us, my childhood was challenging. Early on in adulthood I made it a priority to create
a life filled with peace, joy, and love. I have been very intentional in making decisions based
on these three things, and am very proud to say that my current home life is just that:
Peaceful, joyful, and filled with love. We are not perfect by any means, and there are often
times when one or all of these things are out of sync, but this is the goal. When we don’t
reach this goal, we try again. And again. And again. This is true in my life and my work.
5. I am a firm believer in the “put your oxygen mask on first so you can be of help to others”
mentality. I try prioritize self care at some point everyday so I can be a better wife, parent,
friend and photographer. This means, I’ll work CRAZY hard on your special day …. and then
likely take a yoga class or go for a pedicure to unwind.